1. Someone created a Facebook group for people to "adopt" one of our graduating seniors and surprise them with treats/gifts this next month since they're missing out on so much with distance learning in their final months of high school. It's been a huge hit so far. I've adopted four, two band kids and two kids of very good friends, and there might be more if the kids sign up. Alex has three people who has adopted him so far, including a woman who privately messaged me and asked for his wishlist because, of the almost 200 kids who had signed up so far, he was only one of two who had put down books as one of his favorite things.
2. I got to visit with my brother-in-law yesterday for the first time since the lockdown started. I haven't seen his face in a very long time, and I'd forgotten how easy it's always been to joke and chat with him. He always makes me smile or laugh, not to mention forget bad stuff. A wonderful time.
3. Craig and the kids got our pool put up. It's not ready for using, but it will be soon, hopefully.
4. Finding out the National Theatre will be streaming Frankenstein with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Miller next week.
5. Getting the 9th installment of the Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne mysterious series in the mail. The 8th book came out in 2013, and while I haven't been waiting quite that long for this, it's still been too long for more time with these characters.
6. I ordered myself a new bathing suit. What makes this particularly daring for me is that I have never, in my whole life, worn a suit that exposed even a tiny bit of my stomach. But I figure, nobody is going to see me but Craig, he loves me the way I am, and the suit is too adorable for me to be hung up on my mom belly.
7. I totally cleaned off my desk in Craig's office this morning, something that was a year and a half overdue. It was surprisingly satisfying to throw a ton of crap away.