Riley: No, no, no, sir! No more chick pit for you.
Xander: Damnit. You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt-monkey.
Buffy: Check. No more butt-monkey.
Everything about Giles and the three sisters.
Buffy's heartfelt speech to Giles about needing him as her Watcher again. We so rarely get to see her this vulnerable. It's lovely.
Revelations as I watch
1. As much as I don't like Buffy and Riley, I do adore seeing Buffy being all carefree and normal girl on the beach.
2. One of the few times Willow can honestly say, "I didn't do it! I didn't do it!" when it comes to magic going awry.
3. Buffy is so pretty this season. I love her look in this.
4. I can't say the same for Dracula. I've always thought the pale face was too white not to seem cartoony. Especially when it doesn't match his neck.
5. Willow's reaction to Dracula is even more proof for me that she's bisexual and not gay.
6. Xander becomes enthralled scarily fast.
7. I hate that Spike caves first under Riley's threat. I know why. The fact that he has to makes me angry for him.
8. While I love Buffy's make-up in this, I can't say the same for Willow's. It's too heavy and feels unnatural.
9. Giles has lived in Sunnyvale how long, and he just walks into a dark room without a light or anything?!?
10. I think I only just realized that Dracula's line about how Buffy hasn't even begun is the same as Dream!Tara's from Restless. Huh.
11. So are they trying to convince the audience how necessary Riley is by making him the only reasonable one of the group in this episode? It didn't work for me.
12. I only just realized her pink pants are leather.
Buffy: Giles, are you breaking up with your car?
Giles: Well it did seduce me! All red and sporty.
Buffy: Little two-door tramp.
Buffy: Well, aside from the fact that most magic shop owners in Sunnydale have the life expectancy of a Spinal Tap drummer, have you ever run a store before?
Giles: I was a librarian for years. This is exactly the same, except people pay for the things they never return.
Buffy's gigglefest. There's a reason it's gif'd so often.
Revelations as I watch
1. So where exactly are they training? I always thought it was the Magic Shop, but Giles doesn't own that yet so it has to be somewhere else.
2. Dawn's stealing of the last of the milk is totally annoying. That's enough to hate her, isn't it?
3. Giles and his penis-mobile!
4. I'm surprised Willow doesn't know the owner's name.
5. Considering how many owners the shop has had over the past few years, Giles seems way too eager to buy it.
6. Gee, male vampires can be as shallow as living men. How else did Harmony get so many guys to follow her? She's not physically threatening. She's not very smart. You know it was because she's pretty.
7. I've always loved Dawn's crush on Xander. They are one of my guilty pleasures.
8. Only Harmony would consider a closed door enough reason to run away.
9. Buffy's giggles are the best. Though she's totally right to be laughing hysterically at the thought of Harmony having minions.
10. Spike must be really horny if he's actually flirting with Harmony.
11. I like how Buffy's speech about how everyone is protecting and coddling Dawn is exactly her whole purpose this season.
12. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love how Buffy throws Spike against walls and threatens him. The tension/chemistry is fabulous. Besides, it's foreplay for Spike.
13. Killing Mort with the unicorn horn is yet another reason to love Buffy so much.
14. Buffy laughs so much in this episode. What a refreshing change.