Buffy: Giles, do you have a Jonathan swimsuit calendar?
Giles: No...Yes. I---it was a gift.
Giles: Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books.
The Bronze sequence is too classic not to be my favorite. Anya and Xander sneaking off to have sex. Jonathan fronting a swing band. All of it. Even Buffy and Riley.
Revelations as I watch
1. I cannot express my love for the opening credits enough.
2. One of the things that makes this episode work so well is the melodramatic music.
3. Why on earth couldn't they have gotten Jonathan a suit that fit? He looks like a little kid playing dress up. On the other hand, they styled his head FABULOUSLY. I love the hair and his eyes just pop.
4. As entertaining as this episode is, my biggest problem is that it totally cheats the overall arc. It uses Jonathan to supply all the answers and fix the things they broke (Buffy's mistrust of Riley after he slept with Faith) without actually earning any of them.
5. It's not Xander's ego that needs fluffing, I think.
6. Aladdin is serenading Buffy and Riley! All they need now is a flying carpet. (Brad Kane sang instead of Danny Strong.)
7. Another suit that is too big on Jonathan.
8. Spike still stalking Buffy. Of course.
9. Spike touching Buffy is sexy as hell, but Jonathan shoving him into the wall makes me think too much about one of the show's aspects that leaves me uncomfortable. In order for Jonathan to be the strong one, he takes away from Buffy, and she's portrayed in more stereotypical feminine ways to appear weaker. I hate that the implication is femininity is weak.
10. "Watch out for southpaws." He's talking about Spike, Buffy. Superstar Jonathan was all-knowing. :)
Where the Wild Things Are
Anya: I'm just trying to tell you that we have nothing in common besides both of us liking your penis, and now I don't even have that!
Giles: In the midst of all that, do you really think they were keeping it up?...Oh, for a different phrasing...
Giles singing at the Espresso Pump.
Revelations as I watch
1. I'm dreading this episode. Easily one of my least favorites.
2. Though I did giggle in the intro when Buffy said, "You get horny." Because I'm twelve.
3. According to Craig, "There's very little college in Buffy's college."
4. Saying you want sex in front of kids with parents present is the perfect way to lose your job.
5. Hey, that pompous frat boy touching the orgasm wall is the one of the pompous idiot frat boys from Beer Bad!
6. Anya defends Spike. What a novelty from the Scoobies.
7. Joss really hates positive representations of sex, doesn't he?
8. There are way too many haunted frat houses on campus.
9. One of my issues with this episode is that it glorifies Buffy/Riley sex. Because c'mon, it takes *their* orgasms to trigger the ghosts? This is a FRAT HOUSE. There has been a LOT of sex in that house. Their sex is not magical.
10. Spike's change of heart is very funny, but wouldn't it have been cool if he hadn't changed his mind?
11. Oh! I forgot this was the episode where Giles sang! And he's wearing his earring! Gah, I love ASH's singing so much.
12. And all the girls love it. Of course, they do. And of course, Willow had a crush.
13. I wish Anya's perceptiveness was more consistent. Sometimes she is completely over-the-top with what she doesn't know or see, and others, she sees straight through to the truth.
14. Why the random forest in the house?
15. I love how randomly tough Anya can be. She just pulled that vine out of her hand and barely blinked.
16. So...Xander opens the door and the apparitions lose all their power? Very anti-climactic. Or in other words, stupid.
New Moon Rising
Willow: I was waiting. I feel like some part of me will always be waiting for you. Like if I'm old and blue-haired, and I turn the corner in Istanbul and there you are, I won't be surprised. Because... you're with me, you know?
Oz's final goodbye.
Revelations as I watch
1. Oz! Oh, my poor heart.
2. And of course the first thing he did when he came back was come looking for Willow.
3. I hate Riley's judgmental side.
4. The look on Willow's face when she realizes he isn't turning into a werewolf under the moon and the gentle way Oz holds the back of her head just kill me.
5. I love that Oz respects her feelings so much that he immediately backs off when Willow expresses confusion.
6. I only just realized the parallel between Oz and Season 6 Spike. Oz left town to find a way to be a better man for Willow by learning how to control his wolf. Spike left town to be a better man for Buffy by getting his soul. I can't believe I never thought of that before. Or if I knew that, that I'd forgotten
7. After their sex marathon that set off the apparitions, I would've thought Buffy might be a little less eager to be spending the night at Riley's.
8. Giles has come a long way in his computer skills from the days when they were scanning all the books in if he thinks he can shut down the electric grid on his own (though with Willow's aids).
9. Oh, wait, no, he's got Anya doing the handiwork.
10. How on earth does Xander know who William Burroughs is?
11. No, Riley, you're not an anarchist. You're a follower who needs a strong leader to tell him what to do.
12. I know this gives closure to Willow/Oz so Willow/Tara can have a real chance (and not be a rebound thing), but...I will never not prefer her interactions with Oz. He brought out the best in her. Tara has a tendency to bring out the worst.