Willow: Everybody's getting spanked but me.
Buffy: Professor Walsh, that simple little recon you sent me on wasn’t a raccoon. Turns out it was me trapped in the sewers with a faulty weapon and two of your pet demons. If you think that’s enough to kill me, you really don’t know what a Slayer is. Trust me when I say you’re gonna find out.
Buffy being a pain in the ass during the debriefing by wearing her red halter top and answering a ton of (very relevant) questions, thus annoying the crap out of Maggie. Never change, Buffy!
Revelations as I watch
1. Xander called Riley oafish. Too bad he didn't stick to that assessment.
2. I've always had a soft spot for Graham. I love that he gives Buffy an appreciative smile about how well she did.
3. ...Unlike Forrest who is just a jerk.
4. I've always thought it's a shame Spike didn't actually listen to what Giles proposed. But I love that Giles was so open to it.
5. Maggie made a joke! It's weird, lol.
6. Anya's hair is adorable. One of her better cuts and colors.
7. Oops, passive-aggressive Willow is in attendance.
8. Riley calling Maggie "Mother" will never not be creepy.
9. So...wait. Spike threw a commando into a tree without his chip firing. Probably just a continuity error, but I love the possibility that maybe that commando isn't all human.
10. Blech. Slo-mo fighting intercut with Buffy/Riley sex.
11. Bigger blech. Maggie watching them.
12. Speaking of continuity errors...Buffy and Riley's sex somehow manages to change the colors of the sheets!
13. I love the electrified hair, but I would've loved more if we got to see Spike's hair all standing up, too.
14. The Initiative has clearly been around for a while. Why didn't they do anything about the Mayor? And vice versa?
Spike: Got to hand it to you, Goldilocks. You do have bleeding tragic taste in men. I've got a cousin married to a regurgitating Frovalox demon that's got better instincts than you.
Willow: There's got to be a flaw.
Buffy: I think the part where he's pure evil and kills randomly was an oversight.
The entire morning in the basement, with the girls debating cartoons and Giles sniping and Buffy's big speech.
Revelations as I watch
1. Xander makes an "It's Raining Men" reference that's so fast I've missed it before. Gee, did he become familiar with the song during his stint at the Fabulous Ladies Nite Club?
2. Hey! I own an army blanket just like the one Giles is sleeping under!
3. Giles in a white T-shirt is always sexy.
4. Xander finally gets all the women he wants in his bed and he's not even there to appreciate it.
5. Yummy sushi pajamas!
6. What does the "I (heart) dirt" mean on Xander's shirt?
7. Forrest smashes Spike's TV and *Spike's* the animal?
8. For as much as I don't like Riley, Marc Blucas does a pretty good job with his withdrawal.
9. Apparently, Sunnydale is a complete square.
10. They really brightened up Tara's make-up and look in this one. She's much prettier than she's been portrayed so far.
11. Oh, look, Buffy's going for the Clark Kent school of disguise ideology.
12. Even more proof that Xander is definitely bisexual.
13. Anya doesn't share her demon knowledge nearly often enough.
14. Shoving Willow should've been instant elimination from the Buffy boyfriend club.
15. So why could Adam insert a second floppy without popping out the first one?
16. The kerchief metaphor, giving Riley "something to hold onto," is heavy-handed and cliched.
This Year's Girl
Xander: It's called a blaster, Will. A word that tends to discourage experimentation. Now, if it were called "the orgasminator," I'd be the first to try your basic button-press approach.
Xander: I'd hate to see the pursuit of a homicidal lunatic get in the way of pursuing a homicidal lunatic.
Willow: Don't worry, we're sure to spot Faith first. She's like this cleavagey slutbomb walking around going, "Ooh, check me out, I'm wicked cool, I'm five by five."
Tara: "Five by five?" Five what by five what?
Willow: See, that's the thing. No one knows.
Giles and Xander running into Spike in the alley.
The moment at the end where Faith realizes she's in Buffy's body.
Revelations as I watch
1. All the foreshadowing!
2. Xander is back to dressing like he belongs in the early 70s.
3. Xander gets electrocuted and the girls don't even blink. The poor guy's staggering to stay vertical, and nada. I laugh so hard at him in this. NB really sells it.
4. I love Faith so much. Yes, she's evil here, but she's so damn emotionally complex. It makes perfect sense that she'd cast herself as the good guy in her dreams.
5. Willow finally gets to hit Faith, albeit with a backpack. You just know she was hungry to do more.
6. Tara's pretend throws are awful even for being pretend.
7. Where's Anya in this episode?
8. The looks on Xander's and Giles's faces when Spike says he's going to aim Faith in their direction are just priceless.
9. Dark hair, criminally insane? Sounds like Spike's type.
10. It makes perfect sense that the Council would have someone watching Faith. So who in Buffy's life is watching her? So many interesting possibilities...
11. Gee, Faith fought first, then asked questions second? She hasn't changed a bit.
12. I hope Joyce got really good house insurance after the last time Buffy busted up the living room.
13. Buffy and Faith fights are some of the best in the entire series.
Who Are You?
Tara: I am, you know.
Buffy (as Faith): Oh, 'cause, uh, Ethan Rayne. And...and you have a girlfriend named Olivia...and you haven't had a job since we blew up the school, which is valid lifestyle-wise. I mean, it's not like you're a slacker type, but - Oh, oh! When I had psychic power, I heard my mom think that you were like a stevedore during sex. Do you want me to continue?
Giles: Actually, I beg you to stop.
Buffy: What's a stevedore?
The entire scene with Spike and Faith!Buffy.
Revelations as I watch
1. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I find Eliza better at playing Buffy than Sarah is at playing Faith. Not that Sarah isn't good, just...I prefer Eliza's portrayal.
2. Though I do really enjoy all the Buffy poses in the mirror.
3. Figures Faith would choose Buffy's JBF'd hair as her style of choice.
4. There's Anya!
5. God, I love the scene with Spike. He's so clearly turned on by the whole thing. Faith!Buffy sells it so well.
6. How did Buffy find Riley so easily? She didn't get a last name from Willow.
7. Tara seeing past the facade is further proof that her instincts about people are some of the best in the group. Yes, I know she saw the aura, but it's more than that. She's always so attuned to Buffy.
8. For all my problems with Riley, I kind of love that sex isn't a game to him, that he cuts through Faith!Buffy's BS straight away.
9. While the scene is sensual as hell, the sweat and heavy breathing during Tara and Willow's spell lays the metaphor on a little thick.
10. I've never understood why the Council doesn't just kill Faith. The Slayer line runs through her. Keeping her alive drags it to a screeching halt.
11. Could Giles be carrying *more* stuff when Buffy!Faith stormed in?
12. Faith's self-loathing is never more evident than in the final fight between her and Buffy.
13. The look on Buffy's face when she realizes Riley slept with Faith just kills me.