So, I never got to see the first house because the realtor didn't show, right? I stuck around at the houes for 40 minutes waiting, tried calling only to discover that the number they have on the placard is out of service (not a good sign), and went to my next appointment in a foul mood.
At least this one showed up. Of course, it took her 15 minutes to get us into the townhouse because she couldn't open the lockbox on the knob, and then complained that I was making her late for her next appointment. AND, she knew nothing about the property. All her info came from the same printout that I had from the website, only hers had gotten cut off in printing, so actually, I knew more than she did. Still...
I really, really liked it. Tons of room, tons of storage, *great location*. I only had one serious consideration when looking at it (it's a 3-story townhouse with vaulted ceilings, which means the dining room overlooks the living room, and with my climbing son, I wonder if he'll try to jump between the two), but it was definitely worth talking to Craig about.
So I call him. Now, he's at a lunch for work, but I know they left at noon and it's 2pm so I figure they're either back at the office or on their way. Nope. I catch him just as they're ordering dessert, and he's a little tipsy because the lot of them have been drinking wine (stupid executives and their tippling). And I get jumped on in a bad way, which only pisses me off more. I had scheduled myself to do drivebys afterward, but I didn't think I needed to at that point; I really thought the townhouse was going to work. Except Craig refused to consider some of the points I made, so I ended up going anyway. And they were all crap, so I got back to the hotel cranky and pissed at Craig and wondering why in the hell I was bothering.
Craig got back, we had a fight that lasted less than 5 minutes before he walked out of the room, and I stewed for another 10 before following him. We talked over the townhouse, and I explained to him why I couldn't answer his questions and such, as well as the reason for my mood, and we had a long talk about it ending with his apology. So all is right in the world again.
So here's the final result: We're going to go for it. Craig is calling the agent first thing this morning and demanding final answers to a couple questions, as well as arranging for her to come out so that he can see it, too. We're both pretty pleased with the choice; there are some drawbacks, like lack of immediate playareas for the kids, but the nursery is right across the street and there are tons of parks around so that one's really OK. And the pluses are amazing. We only need to get one car because his office is literally across the street; our furniture more than fits in the space; it's large enough for his parents to visit without my feeling cramped; local shopping is great; and the list goes on.
So, yeah. I'm in a good place right now. I have to go find out info for the nursery and the gym, and we're going to the bank this morning to sign the account information, but other than that, I'm pretty much done for this trip. Which means 2 days of writing and shopping. :)