1. descant descending by macha - Sheer brilliance in form and tone. Totally blows me away each and every single time.
2. Buffy Season Noir by Anna S. - I just love everything about this. Everyone is reading this, right?
3. Baby Steps by Kallysten - My feel good fic. She proves babyfic can work.
4. That Thing with Feathers by Fallowdoe - A short story that breaks my heart each and every single time I read it. Because I can see Spike doing this, and I can see him being so torn about it.
5. Old Blood by Nan Dibble - I'll admit it, this one is my favorite of her series. Plot and solid characterization, two of my needs in fanfic.
6. Emulating Atlas by Tanith - Another weepie. At least it's short. I don't know if I could've taken this being longer.
7. The Seventh Slayer by Kantayra - One of the first fics I read. Kantayra proved to me that fanfic could be plotty, and I totally credit this fic for kicking me in the butt and writing my own.
8. Waiting for Eternity by Moxie - I'll admit it, I sobbed like a baby at the end of this one. Just lovely.
9. Ten Thousand by Wisteria - I love Wisteria anyway, but this is my favorite of hers. Spike's potential travels after getting the soul. Gorgeous prose that just sucked me in.
10. Chain by Irfikos - I love the voices in this one. It's dark and gritty which isn't normally my thing, but the voices ring so true for me that I don't care.
Like I said, no order and hardly complete. I specifically limited myself to only one fic per author, and discounted anybody currently nominated at LLGA (and just off the top of my head, there's at least 1 there that should be on this list). These are all stories I go back to time and time again (3 of my favorite weepies are up there), and while I know there's a ton more out there I've read and enjoyed, these are the ones that first sprang to mind.
Well, that killed half an hour. I should probably clear out the office now, huh? :)