1. Alicia and Alex both went to camp and are home. Alicia spent three weeks at UC-Santa Cruz studying engineering with kids from all over the world (her roommate was from Hong Kong) and had a blast. Alex spent a week at a camp at a place that promotes free/critical thinking and is already begging us to go again next year. I didn't do as well with Alex's absence as I did Alicia's, since she called every night and I couldn't speak to Alex for seven days. Also, my baby was gone. That kills me.
2. Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I went to Vegas with Craig for four days. His company's annual convention was there this year and I tagged along. I took him to see Zumanity (because I love it and he hasn't seen it) and he took me to Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse for my birthday dinner on Tuesday night. Ohmigod so good. The kids are jealous.
3. Alicia's all-star softball team was the district champion and made it all the way to the finals for the Northern California Championship. Hers was only the second team in the history of the league to make it that far, so we're really proud.
4. The kids start school in just over a week. It's insane to think about.
5. I have been slowly posting all my fic over at AO3. I've done all the short stuff first, but I've just about run out of those so I have a question for people who have reposted their longer stories over there. Do you do a few chapters at a time? Will readers get pissed if it takes me a week to get a story up? I don't have the time to sit and load a lot each day, and with my stories so long, I imagine it'll take that long to get a whole work up. Loading an entire story in one shot can't happen, either, since I save chapters as individual files (not to mention having to clean them up/reread so I can adequately warn, too).