1. I got a bad cold a bit over a week ago that flattened me for a few days. Thankfully, I'm mostly on the mend from that.
2. It's been 3.5 weeks since my surgery and things are going pretty well. I forget sometimes that I need to be taking it easy, and end up regretting it by early evening. Swelling for the most part, so I just end up icing it until bedtime. Next appointment is on the 25th for xrays and to check that everything is healing well. At that point, we'll see about putting a proper shoe on that foot again.
3. My mom arrives on Wednesday for a 2-week stay. It's the first time she's ever come to visit me when I lived in the US. Should be interesting.
4. My weight has been creeping up over the past year, so when it hit 15 pounds over my lowest from my loss in 2011, I decided it was time to get back on the ball. I did well counting calories, but I decided to add accountability to the changes this time. There's nothing like having someone judge me every week to motivate me, lol. So this past Tuesday, I signed up at Weight Watchers. It's hard to know for sure how I'm doing, but I guess we'll see on Tuesday. I feel like I'm actually consuming more calories, but well, we'll see. My cholesterol was high when I went to the doctors recently, so losing weight is even more imperative.
5. I've been taking advantage of cheap Tuesdays at our theater the past couple weeks and saw Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained. I enjoyed both, the latter more, but I'm pretty much in love with Christoph Waltz right now. This Tuesday, it'll probably be Zero Dark Thirty. And yes, I'm trying to watch Oscar-nominated movies before the actual award ceremony this year.