Did I mention how good it was?
8 oz dried pasta (your choice, I used penne b/c I like getting cheese sauce inside)
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
1 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
5 oz fresh kale, de-stemmed and chopped
1/4 cup water
2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheese (you can use whatever you like, I used a combination of cheddar, jack, and swiss)
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large pan. Add onions and sweat them for 1 minute.
3. Add kale and water. Bring to a boil to quick cook the kale.
4. Put kale mixture into blender and blend to a fine consistency.
5. Melt butter in same pan used for kale. Add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed, about a minute, until well mixed.
6. Slowly pour in milk and whisk until you have a thick sauce.
7. Stir in cheese until melted.
8. Pour in blended kale and give it a good stir.
9. Pour over pasta and blend.
NOTE: Serves 6-8.