1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
1/2 cup finely grated carrot
4 green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
1/4 cup hummus
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except salt and pepper in a large bowl, either by hand or with a wooden spoon.
2. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to firm up mixture.
3. Divide evenly into four portions and form 1/2" thick burgers.
4. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
5. Season both sides of burgers with salt and pepper.
6. Brown in pan until cooked through, 5-8 minutes on each side.
7. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
NOTES: Serves 4. We had these with sandwich thins to cut back on calories (and really, most buns are too thick for burgers as it is), with red onions, tomatoes, and the usual condiments to top.