I didn't watch the final performances except to skim through them the next morning. I really didn't care by this point, so I let it go.
I did, however, skip through the finale performance this morning on the DVR. God bless whoever invented this device that lets me go so swiftly past commercials and over performers I care nothing about.
Scotty's win was no surprise. I know too many people who love him.
Highlights for me:
- Casey and Jack Black. Their styles are well-suited, and they were a riot to watch.
- Steven Tyler singing Dream On. I know he's gotten a lot of flack this year, but I love him more than ever.
- James Durbin making What's New, Pussycat sound sexier/dirtier than it ever has before.
- Stefano singing Prince. Where was that performance during the series?!?
- The top 13 taking the piss out of the fact that Lauren and Scotty are so young.