- French toast for breakfast, which granted I had to make but that was my choice.
- My favorite sushi for lunch.
- Ribeyes, my favorite fried potatoes, and Karamel Sutra for supper.
- A long talk with my mom. She heads to the Mayo Clinic next weekend for her annual check-up, but she doesn't anticipate any problems. She was tired when we spoke, but that comes from working 125 hours in two weeks. Since she's impossible to actually buy anything for, I sent along money for her to have for her trip.
- Lots of hugs and kisses from my kids. My favorite story of the day? Craig came up this morning to tell me to stay in bed because Alicia was finishing my card, then said I'd created a beast. "Why?" I asked. "Because she's down there, cornering me on whether 'mother's' is singular possessive or plural, because 'Mommy will notice if it's wrong.'" lol Not deliberately, and I certainly wouldn't have pointed it out to her, but...yeah, I would have noticed, lol.
- Went to B&N tonight and bought two books.
- Wrote some fanfic and did some reading of WIPs in my original writing folder. I got a great bunny this weekend that needs to be written, but I'm letting it simmer for a few days before starting and figured I'd tackle something already begun in the interim.
Thank you to everyone who commented on my last, really depressing post. I still owe some comments over there, so I'll head and do that once I post this, but I just wanted to say how blown away I am by people here. It's so easy to get discouraged by real life stuff sometimes, especially when certain things hit you, and having a reminder like this that the world can be a pretty decent place is always wonderful. I'm lucky to know all of you.
Things are...improving. I decided today I'm going to pick up my guitar again as a distraction to help me relax. Life's too short to be this stressed.