1. Ta-Tynisa Wilson – Wow, she’s very shouty. There just wasn’t much clarity to her tone at all, with notes all over the place. What an awful start to the show.
2. Naima Adedapo – I love this girl’s style, and I’ve always thought she is just simply stunning. Her performance, though…I’ve never seen this done so exuberantly before. I still love her voice, and I think she’s extremely talented – what a great ending – but I’m not sure this would be my favorite interpretation of this song.
3. Kendra Chantelle – She sung it well, but she just doesn’t stand out for me. There’s no sparkle. She’s a pretty girl with a solid voice, but doesn’t really do much for me.
4. Rachel Zevita – She was very comfortable in her performance, and while I like the low quality of her voice, I don’t think this song showcased what she can do very well. She had difficulty with some sections, so it ended up being kind of herky-jerky. I felt so bad at her at the end, though. She looked like she was about to cry.
5. Karen Rodriguez – Interesting choice to sing part of the song in Spanish. She has a pretty voice, but I never felt the power this song usually demands, not even with that one big note.
6. Lauren Turner – Another girl with a really solid voice, but she never really looked comfortable up on the stage until toward the end. That’s what she needed for the whole thing. I kept thinking that her dress and that awful thick belt and high waist were making it too hard for her to relax.
7. Ashthon Jones – I loved this girl in the auditions. She’s stunning and certainly looks like a future idol. I wasn’t crazy about her song choice, though. It didn’t seem to have many levels for her.
8. Julia Zorrilla – I liked her before tonight, but this performance was very underwhelming. I kept waiting for the power to come out, and then when she finally tried to get it out there, it sounded like she was shouting and then out of breath. So disappointing.
9. Haley Reinhart – Performance-wise, it felt kind of high school talent show-ish. It ended up detracting from the vocals. Because I liked this a lot more with my eyes closed than watching the screen.
10. Thia Megia – I have to admit, I wasn’t impressed with her during the auditions. But I think I’m starting to see what they see in her. Some of the notes were a little flat, but when she was on, she was really on, showing a maturity I hadn’t seen before. It was rather mesmerizing.
11. Lauren Alaina – I’ve loved this girl from the start. I think she’s got the potential to appeal to a lot of different demographics, from young girls to rockers to country artists. She’s such a natural with such a range.
12. Pia Toscano – A beautiful, controlled performance. So very polished. I thought it was an excellent way to end the show. Just terrific.
1. Pia Toscano
2. Lauren Alaina
3. Thia Megia
4. Naima Adedapo
5. Lauren Turner
6. Ashthon Jones
7. Haley Steinhart
8. Karen Rodriguez
9. Kendra Chantelle
10. Rachel Zevita
11. Julie Zorrilla
12. Ta-tynisa Wilson
Again, I have no delusions my top 6 will be the actual top 6. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. I'm insanely curious as to how it'll turn out.