I LOVE these damn cocoa kisses. So I decided to share the recipe.
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Hershey's kisses (milk chocolate), about 5 dozen
1. Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
2. Combine flour and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Add pecans. Beat until well blended.
4. Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle.
5. Heat oven to 375F.
6. Remove wrappers from kisses.
7. Mold scant tablespoon of dough around each kiss, covering completely. Shape into balls.
8. Place on cookie sheet (I always grease mine, regardless of what the instructions say. YMMV) and bake 10-12 minutes until set.
9. Cool on sheet about 1 minute, then remove to wire rack.
10. Once completely cool, either roll in powdered sugar or dust with powdered sugar.
NOTES: Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies. I dusted mine rather than rolled as they really don't need the added sugar in my opinion. Love, love, love these.
Oh, oh! I learned something from Alex's teacher today. Alex is very good at math, and while the rest of his third grade class are mastering their multiplication tables, he already knows them (He learned them in kindergarten when he and I would sit together and kill time waiting for Alicia to get out of class by doing mental math problems, his choice as much as mine, by the way.). Anyway, she said today that he's found a way to make them more interesting for himself.
By doing them in Roman numerals instead.
I love my geeky kid. :D