...and it was absolutely worth stressing over. Gah. Things to love:
1. Arthur. Soooooooooooo pretty this episode.
2. Gwen. Sooooooooooo pretty this episode.
3. Arthur & Gwen. Sooooooooooooooo pretty together.
4. Arthur preening? Hysterical.
5. Merlin is wonderful, and the best friend either of them have ever had.
6. Merlin's tirade about Arthur? Almost as funny as Arthur preening.
7. Fandom will giggle like they're twelve over Morgana refusing to fluff Arthur anymore.
8. Arthur breaking away to kiss Gwen before she gets dragged away? My romantic heart is still sighing.
So...okay, the ending was a little dumb because Merlin and Gaius are old pros at getting away from those dungeons. And the minor continuity issue regarding Gwen's lack of suspicions straight away about Morgana is annoying, but honestly, these are little niggles in an otherwise wonderful episode. Not quite my favorite episode ever (I think it'll be very hard to top Sins of the Father), but definitely up there.
Now I'm off to get ready to go into San Francisco for dinner and Tom Lenk's show tonight. What a great day!