2 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg or cloves (I used nutmeg)
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Dissolve coffee in boiling water.
3. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, coffee, and vanilla; beat until well blended.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in medium bowl.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Let stand on cookie sheets 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
NOTES: I actually didn't do it as a random drop cookie, but instead made them into balls and then flattened slightly so they'd be a little more uniform. They do spread, but not tons, and doing it with the slightly flattening method meant they cooked more evenly. The drop method required more time in my oven in order to get the centers completely done. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.