2 large raw eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
3 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
6 garlic clove(s), peeled and quartered
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In roasting pan, combine vegetables and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake until vegetables are tender, stirring halfway through, for 40 minutes.
4. Place half of vegetables in food processor and process until smooth.
5. Spoon 1/2 cup of vegetable purée into bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
6. Place three noodles over purée. Top with 1/3 of purée, 1/2 of remaining vegetables, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers and then top with remaining 3 noodles, purée and cheese.
7. Bake until bubbly, about 30-35 minutes.
NOTE: The original recipe said this served 6, but I got 9 portions out of it. Of course, we had a protein side, so maybe I cut my portions a tad small, but 9 seemed reasonable.