2 pie crusts (you can buy them or make them yourself, I buy)
5 cups sliced & peeled apples
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp grated orange peel
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat oven to 400F. Place bottom crust in pie plate.
2. In large bowl, place apples, 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and orange peel. Toss to coat apples.
3. Spoon 1/2 of apple mixture into crust-lined pie plate.
4. Sprinkle evenly with raspberries.
5. Top with remaining apples, and dot with butter.
6. Top with second crust. Seal edges and flute.
7. Lightly brush crust with water. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
8. Place pie on middle oven rack. Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
NOTE: Make sure the apples are sliced thinly so you can layer smoothly. So so good!