1. I'm not surprised at all that Kris won, though I'm still pissed off that I got spoiled for it ahead of time. I'm actually pleased for the guy, because he certainly needs it more than Adam does. It's what the spirit of the competition is about, and frankly, since it was announced they were both getting record contracts nearly 24 hours before the results even came out, the rest of it doesn't really matter to me. Though how great was it to hear Adam singing Queen? The new Freddie Mercury. I certainly have no problems with that.
2. It's been a week of medical stuff. Craig had an outpatient procedure done on Tuesday that thankfully showed he's healthy, so that's a plus. On the not so plus side...my mom hasn't been well and found out today she has hepatitis B (sometimes being a nurse sucks). She has to undergo more tests and an ultrasound to determine if it's acute or chronic. Please keep your fingers crossed for her. She's really not taking it well, so far.
3. Speaking of medical stuff, Alex's cough is back. :(
4. We've gone ahead and purchased the kids' flights for the UK. They'll be gone for 5 weeks. I also might be taking an interim trip with them out to visit my mom before that.
5. My 10th wedding anniversary is next week. Craig and I don't have real plans, because, guess what, we're hosting the Girl Scouts end of the year sleepover at our house the same night, lol. We've decided to do something after the kids leave for the UK to celebrate both our anniversary and my birthday in July. Right now, we're going back and forth between NYC and Hawaii. I think I'd have more fun in NYC, but we've never been to Hawaii.
6. The new house is underway. Craig has thrown up a website for us to share pictures and videos of the process. It's easier than wasting bandwidth to show family, so I'm sharing the site with you, in case anyone's interested. :) The interior pictures of the model home are just for reference. For instance, one picture of the kitchen has the layout, while the other has the cabinets/countertops I picked out. Ditto for the pictures on the floors. We wanted reference of the carpet and tile we picked out (the lighter ones), rather than just the dark tile in the model home.