1. Adam Lambert (Mad World) - This boy is a STAR. He knows all about how to play to an audience, how to sell a song, when to be tender and when to wail. Add in an immaculate vocal performance, and it's unbeatable. My whole house went quiet when they announced what he was singing. AMAZING. (And frickin' hot in that long coat. Just saying.)
2. Kris Allen (Ain't No Sunshine) - Great choice for Kris. It doesn't give me goosebumps the way Adam's did, but it's so damn solid, evocative and original as always.
3. Adam (Change Is Going to Come) - What an interesting choice for him. I love how it lets Adam tell a story; he excels at that. And he gets to show off the power in his voice. Loved it.
4. Kris (What's Goin' On) - What a fantastic arrangement. I thought Kris nailed it, though it wasn't as evocative as the others performed tonight.
5. Adam (No Boundaries) - I can't say I'm impressed by the Idol song, and of the three, I think this is my least favorite of Adam's performances tonight. I'm curious to hear what Kris is going to do with this.
6. Kris (No Boundaries) - I actually like Kris' version better, even if was a little high for him. A very good night for both of these guys.
Who do I think is going to win? I honestly have no idea. Also? I don't care. I love both of these guys. I will buy both of their albums.
However...I think Kris needs the win more than Adam does. And I also think it's possible he's going to get Danny's votes. I think this could be very much an upset.
But pinned to the wall, Adam is my favorite, and the one I think has the greater international appeal. I think Simon nailed it on the head.