1. Adam Lambert - I squealed a little bit when I heard he was doing this song. When Slash said in his intro that a couple contestants this year inspired him to try this, you *know* he was talking about Adam (and probably Allison). This week was made for Adam. He has the attitude and ability to make this real. And he did with this. Absolutely fantastic.
2. Allison Iraheta - Allison doing Janis. A natural. This showed some wonderful depths, though there were some shakier moments in the verse. I really liked it, though not as good as Adam.
3. Kris Allen & Danny Gokey - Styx. Ohmigod. I love Styx so so sooooooooooooooo much. And this song! The harmonies in the opening gave me goosebumps. And then...the tempo picked up. Kris had some bum notes in there, and while Danny could sing it better, he always looked a little uncomfortable. The harmonies were definitely the best part.
4. Kris Allen - The Beatles? Really? Though "Come Together" is a solid choice. I can't say I loved this, and I adore Kris. It just kind of felt like it was all over the place. I fear he might be in trouble this week.
5. Danny Gokey - I would never think to pair Danny and Aerosmith. Never. It wasn't terrible, and certainly was better than Kris, but Danny doesn't have the breath support for this. He can't sustain the notes.
6. Adam Lambert & Allison Iraheta - This was all about having fun. These two know how to work the genre. It's not a song about showing off vocals, but they did that in their solos. Great way to end the show.
My favorites, based on these performances:
I really think Kris is in danger of leaving this week. He was so out of his element, and he just didn't measure up, even to Danny. This is so tough, because this is the first time ever I've really liked all the top 4. I don't want to see anybody go. But based on this week...yeah, it should be Kris. Ouch.