But tonight was another new recipe. A smoky, creamy corn soup that turned out divine.
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 16 oz bag frozen corn
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion, pepper, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
2. Add corn, 1 cup of the broth, and the chili powder.
3. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmering until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Cool mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Puree in batches in either a food processor or a blender.
6. Return pureed mixture to pan. Add remaining broth and chicken, stirring to combine.
7. Heat through for 10 minutes.
NOTES: Makes 4 generous sized portions, or 6 smaller ones. This is a core recipe for WW, or 4 points for the larger portion.