- I ended up letting Alicia join Girl Scouts. And being there for meetings. And the woman who leads it is as bad as I feared. Her daughter is awful. She's a little prima donna who, if she doesn't get something she wants or something doesn't go her way, "hides." What that means is she runs from the room all melodramatically until her mother - who is supposed to be the leader - has no choice but to go off after her. I've agreed to help with leading a meeting or two, mostly because I hate seeing it be such a waste for the rest of the girls who are used to E's antics. One of the younger asked R, who was on the softball team with E last year and is in the same class this year, what she was doing. R responded with a dismissive wave of her hand, "Oh, that's just what E does." Which is sad.
- I have watched zero new television. We haven't even watched most of the premieres of the shows we already liked. I have however been reading a lot. Like...
1. Kick Ass, an anthology that introduced me to some new-to-me authors
2. Wicked, which makes me appreciate the musical more for actually having a story instead of just being a concept
3. Farm Boys: Lives of Gay Men from the Rural Midwest, which I loved
4. Alien Taste, a sci-fi that's been sitting on my TBR since before I moved back to the US
5. The Time Traveler's Wife, which had me sobbing for half an hour when I finished
6. Guilty Pleasures, the first Anita Blake book because I wanted to see what all the hype was about.
7. An Arrow's Flight, an interesting retelling of the story of Pyrrhus if he was a gay hustler
- My weigh-in stalled last week. I don't know if I'm retaining at the moment or not, but I'm following to the letter and not cheating so I'm hoping for a drop soon. It looks like there might be one this week if yesterday's reading here at home is any indication.
- I know we have Halloween and Thanksgiving to get through, but I started wrapping Christmas gifts this week and stowing them away. Yes, I'm one of those insane people who buys throughout the year and is done before Thanksgiving.