I have no idea how authentic it is. I just know it's got ingredients I usually have on hand, it's core, it's easy, and best of all, it's got tons of flavor.
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
4 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp ginger root, fresh and finely chopped
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lb uncooked boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
2 large tomatoes, chopped
10 oz fresh spinach
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a large nonstick skillet, place 1 tbsp of olive oil, curry, cumin, ginger, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
2. Add remaining oil and chicken. Stir to coat with spiced oil.
3. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and stir again.
4. Add spinach. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir to combine.
5. Add cilantro and salt to taste, letting it simmer for flavors to blend.
NOTES: Serves 4. I had this over brown rice and kept it core. So, so yummy.