So I'll be trying a lot of new recipes in my quest for healthier fare. First one that's worthy to share is a Black Bean and Couscous Salad that's wonderfully light.
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp ground cumin
4 green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Bring broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin.
3. Combine green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn, and beans in a bowl.
4. Drizzle dressing over vegetables and toss to coat.
5. Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add vegetables and mix well.
NOTES: Serves 8 as a side dish, and is good both warm and cold.