Cordy: Why didn't you tell me that you were half demon? I thought we agreed that secrets are bad!
Doyle: I wanted to tell you. I was afraid. I thought if I did, you'd reject me.
Cordy: I've rejected you way before now! So, you're half demon. Big Whoop! I can't believe you'd think I'd care about that. I mean, I work for a vampire! Hello?
Doyle: It's true. I just...
Cordy: What do you think I am, superficial? So you're half demon. That's so far down the list, way under short and poor.
Doyle's sacrifice. Angel and Cordy's reactions, and the magnitude of Doyle's sacrifice, make it.
Revelations as I watch
1. This is me sounding callous, but wanna know why I can tolerate this episode? Because it's the last one with Doyle and we get Wes starting with the next one.
2. ...though the one hard thing about watching the commercial get made is knowing how Cordy watches it later. And Angel in S5. I don't miss Doyle, and don't really like him, but I do appreciate that Cordy and Angel did.
3. Gee, many of their prophecies are cryptic? That's new.
4. I think I'd like this episode more if the metaphor was a little more subtle.
5. I forgot that Doyle isn't quite so annoying in this. His speech to the demon kid to get him to return is actually really well done. Too bad there couldn't have been more of this earlier in the season.
6. Angel in vampface always look cross-eyed to me. I think it's because his ridges come down so far onto his nose.
7. Not even being in vampface can save Angel from how geeky he looks in that Scourge uniform.
8. A face she could learn to love? Maybe. A face she could kiss withoutgetting skewered? Doubtful.