Willow: He's our grown-up friend. N-not in a creepy way.
Buffy: Cool, you guys can do the brain thing. I'm gonna go to class.
Oz: Which could also be construed as the brain thing.
Oz: Nobody deserves a mime, Buffy.
Giles, Xander, and Oz jumping Buffy. It was funny.
Revelations as I watch
1. Kathy is ironing her jeans? Do people do that?!?
2. Why do demons always have such awful teeth?
3. I realize Buffy has reasons, and that Kathy is annoying, but I'd be a little annoyed at getting pushed into the bushes, if it was me.
4. Giles runs? I think I'm just as shocked as Buffy. Though he does look nice sweaty.
5. So do they all have locks on their closets, or did Buffy do that? Which, you know, would bug me, too, if I was Kathy.
6. Whoa, Buffy is totally checking out Parker when they first meet. She doesn't really do that very often when it comes to guys, at least not after Angel. It kind of makes a nice change, though honestly, Parker does have very pretty eyes...
7. ...and totally needs to do something about those eyebrows.
8. What is it with gum in this episode? Willow was chewing it in the beginning, and Buffy starts chewing it while she's getting ready for bed. Though the gum joke didn't really work for me.
9. I find it a little disturbing that Buffy would knock Xander and Oz to get out. It seems extreme. And a little out of character. ETA: Pepper reminded me after the fact about how else would they show Buffy losing her soul, and yeah, I agree with that part, but I can honestly say I didn't remember any of the details from this ep and didn't make that connection at all as I was watching. All I thought in that moment was, "Damn Buffy, can you be any *more* unreasonable?" Because frankly, I thought she was being slightly unreasonable before the soul sucking started.
10. How does tearing the mask off Kathy's face - which is basically skin - change her *teeth*?
Kate: Depends on how many Daiquiris I’ve had. Oh, god, way to come off like a drunken slut. Slut’s better then a hypocrite though, right? I’m moving up.
Cordy being mistaken for a hooker. All of Xander's predictions came true, lol.
Revelations as I watch
1. Where's Cordy's handstamp showing she's underage?
2. I have to admit, I'm a closet Angel/Kate shipper.
3. A veterinarian? That was the best lie Angel could come up with?
4. Angel dresses so much better on his own show. So far, no purple velvet shirts.
5. Kate's question of "Who are you?" makes me want to answer, "He's Batman!"
6. So do all homeless people in LA burn trash in a bin to keep warm? In September?!?
7. Look! Angel got saved by a spunky blonde!