Willow: It's just in High School, knowledge was pretty much frowned upon. You really had to work to learn anything. But here, the energy, the collective intelligence, it's like this force, this penetrating force, and I can just feel my mind opening up--you know?--and letting this place thrust into and spurt knowledge into... That sentence ended up in a different place than it started out in.
Buffy: Gentleman of leisure? Isn't that just British for unemployed?
Riley: I don't meet that many freshmen that know that much about psychology.
Willow: Well, it's fascinating.
Buffy: Yeah, you know, 'cause everyone's got a brain.
Stoner Vamp: Uhh... are we gonna fight? Or is there just gonna be a monster sarcasm rally?
Oddly enough, meeting Riley. It's funny and charming and depicts all three characters perfectly for that moment.
Revelations as I watch
1. And of course, in those modern day college courses of pop culture, you just know they're teaching about Buffy. :)
2. The library makes me hot. It's soooooooo gorgeous.
3. Pepper commented, "Wait! Riley has a personality here! What happened?" Short answer? Buffy.
4. I hate that Riley always, always, ALWAYS had better chemistry with Willow than Buffy, but do the writers pay attention to that? No.
5. I like Olivia. She's spunky. It's a shame she couldn't stick around.
6. I always liked Sunday as a villain. She was smart. It makes a nice change.
7. So how did the vamps get into Buffy's room to steal her stuff? Her roommate would have had to invite them in, but if she did that, then they would have had to kill her to keep her from talking. And they have to be invited, because Spike has to be invited later this season. So what's the sitch?
8. They should have totally pursued the Xander as male stripper thing. It would have made S4 much more interesting for poor Xander.
9. Aw, Sunday broke her umbrella. I hate that even if I understand the damn symbolism of the act.
Tina: You’ve been to Missoula?
Angel: During the depression. Ah, my depression. I-I was depressed there. It’s pretty country though.
Angel: Really? Can you fly?
Doyle: Yeah, she’s a stiffener alright, I can’t lie about that.
Kicking Russell's chair through the window. Angel is insanely hot in that scene.
Revelations as I watch
1. Confession. I really don't like the first half of this first season.
2. The vampire make-up in this is different. I wonder why they changed it, though the vampires do look a little more dangerous and evil.
3. One of my issues with this first half is Doyle. I don't care for the actor, and I just find him annoying. These first episodes are going to be painful.
4. Cordy is way more tan in LA than she ever was in Sunnydale.
5. So killing the cute little blonde is a nice touch. It's good to set a different tone, as well as provide the drive Angel needs to continue, because now he knows not everybody is safe.
6. Christian Kane is a cutie, but honestly, he looks like a little boy playing dress up in that suit. A very, very pretty boy.
7. Look, it's Angel's favorite Hawaiian shirt! It's great that Angel thinks that damn shirt makes him look more normal, lol.
8. Russell's make-up is awful, and even worse, they didn't go far enough down his neck so when he turns his head, you see his naked, non-demon skin.
9. Well, ramming down the fence was a nice idea, at least.