Buffy: Whenever Giles sends me on a mission, he always says please. And afterwards I get a cookie.
Giles: If it's for me to scrub those hard-to-reach areas, I'd like to request you kill me now.
Wesley quivering like a little girl in front of Balthazar
Revelations as I watch
1. Faith's questions about Buffy and Xander make me wonder if she might want something more with him. That if things had gone differently, they might have done something with that.
2. Wesley! No insight there. Just...Wesley!
3. It's good to know Giles actually checked this Watcher out.
4. I love Faith's reaction to Wesley. And even better, Buffy's dismay that she didn't think of doing that.
5. Why are all these really powerful people buried in Sunnydale?!?
6. The vampire's got a knife in his hand and he *drowns* Buffy? Stupid vamp deserves to die.
7. The only thing missing from Buffy and Faith dancing was one really good kiss. Angel would have loved that.
8. Huh. Wesley didn't recognize Angel. I would have expected him to have been informed of who he was since Buffy's been involved with him.
9. Faith totally wants a guy who'll stand up to her. Or you know, Buffy. One of the two.
10. Oh, poor Alan. That whole scene tears me up, for all of them.
11. Wesley's hysteria during the Balthazar scene cracks me up. He does hysteria so well.
12. Angel's entrance is totally shades of the show to come. Now *this* is an Angel I can love.
13. The Mayor's to do list is priceless. How fantastic is it that he has to meet with the PTA after becoming invincible?
14. The whole washing of Faith's hands imagery is a little heavyhanded at the end. All that's missing is the "out, out damn spot."
Angel: You and me, Faith, we're a lot alike. Time was, I thought humans existed just to hurt each other. But then I came here. And I found out that there are other types of people. People who genuinely wanted to do right. And they make mistakes. And they fall down. You know, but they keep caring. Keep trying. If you can trust us, Faith, this can all change. You don't have to disappear into the darkness.
All the Angel/Faith stuff when she's chained up. It says something to me. It really does.
Revelations as I watch
1. Um, Wesley? I believe the word you're looking for is "jailbait." Oops, Faith beat me to it.
2. Buffy just does not have good break-ups. And now she's got Faith using the guilt to get to her. And yes, I totally see that as a break-up.
3. OK, someone please tell me they like shredding things, too. Because identifying with this aspect of the Mayor's behavior does not fill me with joy.
4. So...Giles knew Faith did it because Faith can't lie and not because he trusts Buffy? That bothers me, actually.
5. Faith's whole look in the scene with Xander, with the leather paths and short shirt and her hair up...hot.
6. Faith in chains with Angel in charge...this should not be as hot as it is.
7. So why is Faith not much more than a child but Buffy isn't?
8. Oh, Wesley...he just can't do the right thing on BtVS. And then he doesn't bother restraining her legs? Poor dumb, deluded Wesley...
9. Though you know, Buffy is consistent in how she stands up for the people she thinks she needs to help. Angel at the beginning of this season. Faith. Spike in S7. As Pepper said in our chat, "they have to really, really push her away before she does give up." And I think that's one of the things that I love about Buffy.
10. The fact that Faith can't leave Buffy to die is my hope for her. Even when she's doing all the bad stuff this season, and then in S4. There is still hope. I totally agree with Buffy's vow not to give up on her...
11. ...though the Mayor and Faith are my favorite Big Bads. So it's hard to begrudge the fact that she's bad for the rest of the season.