Willow: That's right, Puppy... Willow's gonna make you bark.
Master: Vampires, come! Behold the technical wonder, which is about to alter the very fabric of our society. Some have argued that such an advancement goes against our nature. They claim that death is our art. I say to them... Well, I don't say anything to them because I kill them. Undeniably we are the world's superior race. Yet we have always been too parochial, too bound by the mindless routine of the predator. Hunt and kill, hunt and kill. Titillating? Yes. Practical? Hardly. Meanwhile, the humans, with their plebeian minds, have brought us a truly demonic concept: mass production!
Anyanka: You trusting fool! How do you know the other world is any better than this?
Giles: Because it has to be.
The big fight scene. The slow motion. The sad music. Oz killing Willow. Buffy killing Xander. All of it.
Revelations as I watch
1. I know Faith's absences is about not trusting Buffy yet, but I have much more entertaining scenarios in my head. It all goes back to that Faith/Angel bunny that's been brewing since the top of this season.
2. I will say this for Xander. He's persistent.
3. Amy's definition of Cordy looking scary does not match mine. Unless to her, scary = sexy as hell.
4. I'm going to go on the record here and say, I hate Harmony. She's absolutely, positively one of my least favorite characters in the entire Whedonverse. And I especially hate her for mocking Cordy.
5. You know another reason why I love Oz? Because he's *aware*. His assessment of Willow's pressing him to talk is right on the money, and absolutely nobody else would have said that to her. Well. Maybe Cordy would have.
6. Pepper asked a very good question. Wwhy aren't students allowed to drive? Wouldn't that help them outrun the vampires?
7. God. Vamp!Willow and Vamp!Xander are so much hotter than their human counterparts, lol.
8. I love this episode. A lot. But only if I don't think about it too much. Because I can't figure out what happened to Darla, or why Angel got caught, or...okay, I'm stopping. I don't want to ruin the episode for myself.
9. So does Cleveland suck all the fashion sense out of a girl, too? It really is a Hellmouth.
10. All those people in the cage, and they pick the skinny girl who's probably a size zero to drain dry first? What kind of sense is that?
11. Though I still love all the karmic tragedy of the big fight scene.
12. Of course, in this reality, Drusilla is dead because Spike couldn't save her...though Buffy's dead, too, so that defeats the purpose of getting them together, lol.
Oz: This is what I do know: I miss you. Like, every second. Almost like I lost an arm, or worse, a torso. So, I think I'd be willing to... give it a shot.
Angel: Um... I'm sorry to bother you.
Giles: Sorry. Coming from you that phrase strikes me as rather funny. Sorry to bother me.
Angel: I need your help.
Giles: And the funny keeps on coming.
The look on Oz's face when he and Willow hug. It makes me teary.
Revelations as I watch
1. Figures. One episode I love. One episode I hate. *sigh*
2. Every time I see them in old times, I see the Universal set during the tour when the driver points out that Buffy was shot there, lol.
3. Buffy got bangs! And they're awful!
4. Willow's snippiness about not worshiping Santa seems oddly out of place.
5. Shut up, Willow. Let Oz talk. That entire scene is worth the episode for me.
6. His long black wig when he's trying to drag the maid away? The funniest thing ever.
7. What is Joss' fascination with fat grandchildren? Jenny wishes for them, Buffy does in S7...
8. Buffy is oddly insightful for Willow. Too bad she can't turn that inward.
9. Oh, Willow...Barry White? Really?
10. Faith looks so hopeful when Buffy answers the door. I totally get why people ship these two.
11. With as many headers Angel has taken out Buffy's window, you'd think he would've broken something by now.
12. I don't get the logic about nothing growing over the Bringers at all. The trees are already cut. They're not growing anymore anyway.
13. You know, the magic snow is really lame. Really lame. But couldn't they have at least made it realistic? Who's been walking in it when Buffy and Angel come down the street? Snow is *smooth* when it falls. Not to mention the fact that the ground isn't frozen. There's no way it would have stuck so quickly. ;)