Buffy: Interesting lady. Can we kill her?
The look on Xander's face when he asks to go with Faith to kill Angel. Dangerous Xander is always more interesting.
Revelations as I watch
1. More Faith/Buffy canon! They're not dating, they're just...going out. Riiiiiiiight. We know what happens to Faith after she slays. And good old Buffy is right there to help.
2. Why does Gwendolyn stress the "Mrs" part of her name? That makes no sense at all.
3. I've been teasing about Giles not being a very good Watcher, but honestly, I can't stand how Gwendolyn Post tries to make him look bad.
4. Angel looks geeky doing his tai chi or whatever it is. I know it's supposed to be sensual, but David doesn't look comfortable.
5. I'm growing to really hate the Willow/Xander music.
6. Why oh why is Xander in a graveyard in the middle of the night BY HIMSELF? Oh, that's right. So we can have the big reveal that Angel's alive by the one person who hates him most. Except why would Giles let him go out all by himself, even if he's distracted?
7. Buffy's self-indignant behavior about being spied on gets under my skin. I realize she knows Angel is not a threat, but at the very least, she should have told Giles. He has every right to be angry.
8. Faith and Xander in this kind of a mood, when he asks to go with her to slay Angel, would have been kind of hot.
9. Damn, I should have been counting all along how many times Giles gets knocked out.
10. Poor Faith. Everybody she trusts betrays her. It's no wonder she doesn't trust anybody after this.
Willow: What's the occasion?
Oz: Pretty much you are.
Spike: She is. She's out of her mind. That's what I miss most about her.
Spike: You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other till it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love isn't brains, children, it's blood... blood screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.
It's a tie. Drunk!Spike spilling his guts to a petrified Willow, and Spike making faces behind Joyce's back. Classic.
Revelations as I watch
1. I have never understood how Buffy got a 1430. Buffy is a smart girl, and I know she knows stuff, but she was so distracted during the test! And...math! As an aside, I love her purse.
2. I love Spike's giggle.
3. Even Dru isn't safe from Spike's mercurial temper when he's well and truly upset.
4. Pez Witch! I love Oz.
5. Another cute purse! Why am I noticing all Buffy's purses this episode?
6. Angel wears very baggy pants when Buffy's not around. I guess he doesn't feel the need to show off his ass.
7. Pepper pointed something out. Why did they take their SATs in their senior year? Why not their junior year?
8. Poor Willow is always Spike's confidant.
9. They actually use "unlife" in the show? I always thought that was fanon.
10. Willow's "there, there" cracks me up.
11. Aw, Angel doesn't want anything to happen to Spike. He wuvs him.
12. At least Angel calls it right about Dru being fickle.
13. Yes. It's true. I hate the Willow/Xander music.
14. And I hate the looks on Oz's and Cordelia's faces even more.
15. And I think they took the stabbed through the heart metaphor a little too literally.
16. The whole fakeout on Cordy dying is just mean.