Xander: How do you get from chick fight to our fault?
Cordelia: Whatever. The point is, I haven't even broken a sweat. See, in the end, Buffy's just the runner-up. *I'm* the Queen. You get me mad, what do you think I'm gonna do to you?
Cordelia standing down the Gorch brother.
Revelations as I watch
1. The sweater of Willow's is a little more awful than usual. She looks like she has spines.
2. Our network box is located under the TV and has been making this low revving noise all night. And it did it really loud when Angel sniffed the blood Buffy gave him and my first thought was, "Who put mooing effects on the soundtrack?"
3. Why is Buffy telling Angel about her new boyfriend? How is this supposed to make him feel better?
4. Trick wants Buffy. You can tell from the gleam in his eye.
5. Ha! Buffy agreed to a date with Faith! Canon. Buffy/Faith is totally canon.
6. I love how Trick makes everything sound sexual.
7. I understand the reasons why Xander and Willow can and do kiss. But I hate it. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns. I hate that Oz ends up getting hurt, and I hate that it messes with so much.
8. Yum. Hot twins nearly naked wrestling. That automatically ups the fun factor of this ep.
9. Faith is so hot in her prom outfit.
10. Why is Buffy's wrist corsage on her ass?
11. Beating the demon with the spatula is priceless.
12. Actually, the plan to take out the Germans is a pretty good one. I'm impressed.
13. The Mayor is my favorite Big Bad ever.
14. Buffy always thinks the stories are longer than they are. They use that joke *a lot*.
Buffy: Okay, you're just doing this to take funny pictures of me.
Giles: I'm doing it to test your awareness of an opponent's location during a fight in total darkness. Now, wait five seconds and then throw the ball at me.
Buffy: You ran out of new training ideas about a week ago, huh? Okay. Five, four, three, two, one.
Giles: It's not that simple, is it...Ow.
Willow: 'Kiss rocks'? Why would anyone want to kiss...Oh, wait. I get it.
So so many...I love watching Buffy and Willow's reactions to the grown-ups at the Bronze. And seeing Giles and Joyce kissing. And then Giles bending Joyce over the hood of the car. And chasing Ethan through the boxes of candy bars. And interrogating Ethan...
Revelations as I watch
1. Chronologically speaking, this episode is the first of my top 5 BtVS episodes ever.
2. Aw, the Mayor toned down Trick's suits. That's no fun.
3. Angel is always fine until Buffy walks up.
4. The Willow/Xander footsie makes me sad. It's not cute. It's based on lies. Xander wants what he can't have, and Willow still sees her crush.
5. Way not to knock Buffy.
6. The close-up of Giles smoking is just hot. Smoking isn't hot. But Giles in that shot is.
7. And gee, young Joyce is an eager pleaser? How not a surprise.
8. I start giggling when Buffy and Willow get to the Bronze and don't stop.
9. Young Snyder is brilliant. "Oh, Summers! You drive like a spaz!"
10. I love Ripper. So so so much. And is he wearing eyeliner or is that just wishful thinking?
11. The whole exchange with Ethan, with hopped up Giles behind Buffy, prompting her to hit him...gee, someone else who is teaching Buffy that violence answers everything. Though at least he's not totally aware of what he's doing.
12. Aw, cute little babies...
13. Hey! Giles has knowledge about the demon! Giles needs to be sexy and dangerous and wearing his earring way more often. Not to mention that he's a horny little bastard and can't keep his hands to himself.
14. OK, they put that water there *just* so we'd get Giles in a wet t-shirt. That's what I'm choosing to believe, at least.