Willow: Ooo, Scott Hope at eleven o'clock. He likes you. He wanted to ask you out last year, but you weren't ready then. But I think you're ready now, or at least in the state of pre-readiness to make conversation, or-or to do that thing with your mouth that boys like. Oh! I didn't mean the *bad* thing with your mouth, I meant that little half-smile thing that you...You're supposed to stop me when I do that.
Faith: God, I could eat a horse. Isn't it crazy how slayin' just always makes you hungry and horny?
Buffy: The girl's not playing with a full deck, Giles. She has almost no deck. She has a three.
Even though I love Faith to death, and am glad she's here, my favorite moment in this whole thing is the super quiet moment at the end when Giles admits there was never a binding spell. Because that's the Giles I love. The one who knows Buffy inside and out. The one who gives her what she needs, even when she doesn't realize she needs it. I just love it.
Revelations as I watch
1. Gee, it's Buffy's overcompensating to make something perfect!
2. You know, I find Trick oddly sexy. I like that he sticks around for a little while. He makes an interesting change.
3. Is Joyce's childish behavior in Snyder's office supposed to make me like her more? Um...no. Not really.
4. Giles should have taken a much stronger hand with Willow from the start. Maybe things wouldn't have progressed to the point they did.
5. Faith! In awful pants!
6. When Buffy dresses in a long skirt and a tight sweater and she's all alone, where does she keep her stake?
7. It's no secret I love Faith. I think she's a huge breath of fresh air. And, okay, sexy as hell, even in those awful pants.
8. Look, the fact that Giles isn't invited to the retreat? Further proof that he's really not a very good Watcher.
9. OK, Faith's comment about how hot Giles is is not helping my yen for Faith/Giles fic. And did you notice Willow didn't second Buffy's ew? And Giles can't take his eyes off Faith. There's canon basis. What more do I need? Oh, yeah, time to write. :P
10. Cordy's comment about dressing up like a Slayer to get Xander's attention reminds me of Lilah's dressing up as Fred for Wesley.
11. Methinks Faith has a few anger issues.
12. It's about time Giles recognizes the name of a vampire without having to resort to hours and hours of research.
13. It's really a surprise Scott ever gives Buffy another chance after how harsh she reacts with the ring.
14. Gee, and how do we think Faith is paying her rent? Though, ew on the motel guy.
15. Why does Buffy leave an unstaked vampire just a few inches away?
16. Okay, in my version, Buffy and Faith - after deciding they're both starved after staking Kakistos - go off and get something to eat, and then Faith sneaks back to see Giles and works off those horny vibes, too. Yeah. I like that. It also explains why Giles keeps Faith there. Because who wouldn't want the hot monkey sex with Faith? :D
17. Angel's return doesn't do a whole lot for me, because I think it's all undercut by the credits anyway, but honestly, you gotta love a hell dimension that refuses to clothe its sexy vampires.
Beauty and the Beasts
Oz: Just a thought. Poker...not your game.
Oz: What, you're having a Slayer watch me? Oh, good, we're not overreacting.
Cordelia: Great. Now I'm gonna be stuck with serious thoughts all day.
Feral!Angel jumping the bad guy. But only while he's all fierce.
Revelations as I watch
1. For as many times as they talk about bunnies being bad, I think somebody on the staff had a really rabbit thing.
2. I love Faith always walks like just got off a horse. Pepper says she's got the Kirk!Swagger.
3. Oz took notes to pass a class? That just doesn't sound like Oz.
4. I really like the school counselor Platt. It's such a shame he couldn't stick around. Though for as much as I love his speech to Buffy, I think she learned that lesson too well. She already has control issues. Telling her she needs to master love messes up all of her future relationships.
5. No wonder Dru gets cranky in South America. Spike didn't pack any of her dolls before they skipped out of town.
6. What is Buffy looking up in the card catalog? How to return from hell dimensions? If she was so interested in Acathla - which they still haven't done anything with and will always bug me - I would have thought she'd find the book by now.
7. Giles' description of what kind of character could survive a hell dimension is further proof that he has a thing for Angel. Not for Angelus, obviously, because of Jenny, but I think he has a certain admiration for a souled Angel. At least at this point.
8. The message in this episode never works for me. It's just way too heavy-handed. I constantly have David Banner in the back of my head, "You won't like me when I'm angry..."
9. Buffy's belief that anyone who could hit another couldn't love the other person doesn't hold water. She always hits first. When she pulled Giles out of the factory? First thing she did was deck him.
10. Debbie's reactions and beliefs that Pete does love her echo so much like Spike's in later seasons. Even Buffy's line, "I think she was broken before this," could apply to Spike.
11. So what would happen if a Slayer got turned into a werewolf? If Oz had bitten Faith here? That's kind of scary.
12. Hee! Willow pulled Oz's tail to distract him. It's so cute!
13. OK, I'll admit it, I kind of love that Angel is protecting Buffy. Though the moment is spoiled when he goes all wimpy and weepy on her again.