Willow: That's part of our whole mission statement. 'Don't get killed.'
Oz: Well, I'd be willing to bargain down to eccentric with an option on cool.
Oz: I don't know. I think we're kinda getting a rhythm down.
Xander: We're losing half the vamps.
Oz: Yeah, but...rhythmically.
Buffy: Oh, I just suck at undercover.
Buffy: Hey, Ken, wanna see my impression of Gandhi?
Buffy: Well, you know. If he was really pissed off.
The fight scene in the hell dimension is just superbly choreographed. Love it.
Revelations as I watch
1. I love how cute it is that Oz's throw goes so short.
2. Oz sleeps until 3 in the afternoon!
3. Dream!Angel always has a better wardrobe than Real!Angel. Clearly Buffy has issues with his clothes, too.
4. Hey, where's the suspense? Angel's in the credits! There's no surprise there if you, oh I don't know, have eyes.
5. Giles is far more comfortable with computers all of a sudden, isn't he? Look, progress!
6. I don't understand why Cordy is so insecure about seeing Xander. Why?
7. Buffy's make-up is very warm and precise in this episode. There's a very doll-like quality to it, which I'm sure is deliberate.
8. Some of the bands that play at the Bronze are just way too emo.
9. Giles is the last person to be judging kids for wearing make-up.
10. I can't stand how Joyce is so quick to blame everybody else for what is as much her fault as any of it. It's doing nothing to endear her to me, and my opinion of her is dropping even more.
11. I love no nonsense Buffy.
12. Okay, Cordy's bait and she doesn't even get a cross to wear? Nothing fair there.
13. And know what Pepper realized and pointed out? This is where Joss starts his set-up that time passes differently in demon dimensions. Get the audience primed for Angel's return. Even better, Buffy gets to experience a hell dimension, so she has even more sympathy for him when he gets back.
14. And Buffy even gets a spotlight! Who's the star of the show here? Follow the spotlight; it always tells.
15. That uniform was uber short on Buffy. It's not even going to be a shirt on Lily. She's a foot taller than Buffy.
Dead Man's Party
Snyder: I have not only the right, but also a nearly physical sensation of pleasure at the thought of keeping her out of school. I'd describe myself as tingly.
Joyce: Buffy was cleared of all those charges.
Snyder: Yes. And while she may live up to the not-a-murderer requirement for enrollment, she is a troublemaker, destructive to school property and the occasional student. And her grade point average is enough to...I'm sorry. Another tingle moment.
Oz: We should figure out what kinda deal this is. I mean, is it a-a gathering, a shindig or a hootenanny?
Cordelia: What's the difference?
Oz: Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny.
Giles: Unbelievable. 'Do you like my mask? Isn't it pretty? It raises the dead.' Americans.
Xander: Generally speaking, when scary things get scared...not good.
Giles manhandling Snyder. Giles manhandling anybody is always good.
Revelations as I watch
1. Buffy can't tell Xander's ears from behind? They're pretty distinctive.
2. Surprisingly enough, Season 3 is my favorite overall season of BtVS, but not because of this episode, lol.
3. When Giles takes the moment in the kitchen, I tear up. I'll admit it. It's such a telling moment, and ASH delivers it perfectly. I miss this Giles sooooooooooooooooooo much.
4. OK, Snyder's comment about Buffy looking cute in the Hot Dog on a Stick hat is just creepy.
5. Pepper and I think Pat is Joyce's new lesbian lover. We say she's sworn off men after Ted. And can you blame her?
6. I would be really pissed if I was that cat's owner.
7. Though I have to admit, David looks fiiiiiiiiiiiiine this season. Not quite so gaunt.
8. Buffy might have been selfish to just run away for 3 months, but honestly, the gang is just as bad in their comment about ruining their lives, too.
9. Oh, yeah. Joyce and Pat are totally lesbians.
10. The bloody pillow on the burn victim in the hospital was a nice touch.
11. How come the zombie mask only brings the horribly hurt and maimed back to life, and not the guy who went in his sleep?
12. And hey, our regular random Jonathan cameo!
13. Why is Giles' car always so dirty? He seems too fastidious for that.
14. I don't understand why zombies can't use doorknobs.
15. I saw Jonathan waving the guitar as a weapon, and I screeched in horror. Not the guitar!
16. Ah, foreshadowing. Oz and Cordy separated from the pack.
17. Oh, Joyce, you just have awful taste in potential partners.