Spike: Yeah. You're a giver.
Cordelia: You expect me to wear this? It smells like Grandpa breath.
The entire re-enactment with Buffy and Angel in the dead lovers. It doesn't make me like Bangel, but it sure as hell makes me believe in the emotions.
Revelations as I watch
1. That balcony in the Bronze really is her favorite brooding spot, isn't it?
2. I'll say it right here, I LOVE this episode. So much of it appeals to me.
3. Buffy's gold pants and black tank with clunky heels are way too Disco Queen. Not the high point of her wardrobe choices.
4. Giles' delusions make me sad.
5. Snakes are always creepy.
6. The backstory with Snyder is never really explored. What does he know? Why is he bound to the Mayor? It seems like such a waste.
7. They just left all those snakes in there? That doesn't seem very safe.
8. Giles' quick rescue of Willow makes me realize that generally speaking, it's much easier to ship with Willow than Buffy. Giles so protective of her, how cute she and Oz are, her and Angel in the season opener when Buffy was all grindy with Xander...ooo, now I want to look for more cause to ship Wes/Willow next season!
9. I love this compassionate, understanding Giles. Where did he go?
10. The whole re-enactment breaks my heart. I seriously think the entire segment, with the flashbacks and the dialogue and the looks on Buffy's face, makes this one of the best sequences of the entire season.
11. Spike's rising from his chair makes me cheer.
Xander: All I'm saying is, it's a stupid idea to have a victory party at the beach. It's officially nippy. So say my nips.
Considering how much I dislike this episode, it's kind of hard to come up with something...though according to Pepper, it's the credits finally rolling, lol.
Revelations as I watch
1. Poor Jonathan. Danny Strong really had to put up with a lot.
2. Oh! The gorgeous guy from Prison Break is on this episode!
3. Cam didn't learn his lesson when she pulled the other guy off Jonathan?
4. Willow's oreo analogy is the ickiest thing ever.
5. I can't even mock this episode. It just bores me.
6. I'll be shallow. Buffy pulling the stick out of her hair, and her hair falling down, is sexy as hell.
7. Either Xander has no kind of package, or that water is colder than we think....not that I checked.
8. And this is the lamest explanation of why there are boogie fish ever.
9. I'm entertaining myself by imagining Giles having his own kind of fun with the boys he locked up in his cage.