Giles: Would you, um...Perhaps I should intervene on, on Buffy's behalf with her mother. Maybe... say something?
Willow: Sure! Like, what would you say?
Giles: (long pause) You will tell Buffy I dropped by?
Willow: You bet.
Xander: I'm sorry, but let's not forget that I hated Angel long before you guys jumped on the bandwagon. So I think I deserve a little something for not saying 'I told you so' long before now. And if Giles wants to go after the, uh, fiend that murdered his girlfriend, I say, 'Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!'
So many...1) Angelus chasing Jenny through the school. Genuinely creepy and scary and the final image of them in front of the window is great. 2) The tragedy of Giles finding the rose on the door and then Jenny's dead body in his bed. The entire scene is heartbreaking, all the way through to Giles calling them.
Revelations as I watch
1. Why oh why does Buffy keep her curtains open? And why don't they ever do a disinvite spell on the Summers house? Watchers *have* to know how to do that kind of magic. That seems like Watcher 101. Oh, wait. Except this is Giles. Who apparently knows dick all about being a Watcher.
2. Oh. I guess they're going to research it. Except it still seems like it should be basic knowledge.
3. Ah, famous last words, Buffy. Because Angel will be there in Giles' bedroom before the end of the episode.
4. You know, all of Jenny's talk and her "raised by the people Angel hurt the most." I mean, come on. What was the big deal with that *one* girl? "The people Angel hurt the most?" Can they *be* more self-centered?
5. "Don't invite him in." It's too late for that, remember, Buffy?
6. On a creepy level, killing the goldfish really is lame.
7. Why are they hiding at Buffy's house? They aren't any safer there; Angel can still get in. There's got to be somewhere else they can sleep.
8. The puppy Sunshine is the cutest thing.
9. I love that Cordy has no compunctions about switching her car with her grandmother.
10. You know what I love about this show? Juxtaposing the tragedy of Jenny and all that pain with Cordy pulling up in front of Buffy's car with enough garlic in it to make pizza for a century. It's brilliant.
11. Giles has some of the best entrances in the entire series. His storming the factory ranks right up there with his appearance at the end of S6.
12. It's about time Buffy started fighting for real. Though Angelus is of course enjoying it. Because at his heart, he's a sub!slut for powerful blonde women.
Killed By Death
Cordelia: Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Cordy's incessant questioning.
Revelations as I watch
1. Buffy yanking out her IV makes me wince. Those suckers hurt!
2. And how come even her hospital gowns are mini?
3. Joyce must have really good insurance for Buffy if they're keeping her in the hospital for a fever.
4. You know, it's a really smart reference, but I just don't buy Xander knowing about "The Seventh Seal." He does not strike me as a teenager who would watch Bergman films for recreation.
5. Is it really so hard to get a stunt double who has the same color hair as the actor? The doctor's double has gray hair where his is pure white.
6. The whole bugging out of the eyes thing on the demon is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. And the demon already rates high on the scary factor.
7. The three demanding Joyce wait on them at the end of the episode? None of them even said please. The mom in me protests.