Buffy: You think he's too old because he's a senior? Please. My boyfriend had a bicentennial.
Xander: Yep. Vampires are real, a lot of 'em live in Sunnydale, Willow will fill you in.
Willow: I know it's hard to accept at first.
Oz: Actually, it explains a lot.
Xander: What's the problem? We send Cordy to fight this guy, and we go for pizza.
Oz asking Willow out. Adorable.
Revelations as I watch
1. So I was wondering what the monkey symbolized in Buffy's dream since she wasn't privy to the monkey pants convo. Pepper says it's Oz. Her rationale? "If she can have psychic dreams to see the future why can't she pick up on Willow's association of Oz and french monkeys?"
2. Angel apparently knows the same thing Spike does. The best way to shut Buffy up is to kiss her.
3. I like Willow's purple hat.
4. Oz! And a guitar! And I love these two together so much. They just make me all warm and fuzzy and...*sigh*...
5. Aw, look at all the booboos on Spike's face...
6. Oh, Oz. The master of understatement.
7. So...Angel sees the arm and says, "She wouldn't." Except...he didn't believe Buffy's dream. So why does he now think that Dru is the one behind all this?
8. Okay, so Dru and Buffy are wearing the same dress in Buffy's dream. Is this anything more than Angel was both Buffy and Dru's firsts? What other parallels are there? Feel free to share your theories. :)
9. She's wearing the giraffe pants again!
10. Show of hands from people who expected and/or wanted Angel to actually act like a vampire and lick Buffy's scratch on her back?
11. See, it wasn't the orgasm that got rid of the curse. It was whatever dirty nasty dream he had afterward that did it.
Angelus: To kill this girl, you have to love her.
Cordelia: Hi! I'm not a soldier.
OZ: Sometimes when I'm sitting in class...you know, I'm not thinking about class, 'cause that would never happen. I think about kissing you. And it's like everything stops. It's like, it's like freeze frame. Willow kissage... Oh, I'm not gonna kiss you.
WILLOW: What? But... freeze frame!
OZ: Well, to the casual observer, it would appear that you're trying to make your friend Xander jealous or even the score or something. And that's on the empty side. See, in my fantasy when I'm kissing you, you're kissing me... It's okay. I can wait.
Cordelia: Pieces? We get the pieces. Our job sucks!
Angelus blowing smoke after killing the woman in red. What a great shot. And the entire scene of getting the bazooka. Every bit of that makes me smile.
Revelations as I watch
1. I never realized Spike's wheelchair was red before. How appropriate!
2. Why was Dru in pain first when she had the vision about Angel? Experiencing his pain as he lost his soul? Jealous that he took another girl's virginity?
3. That guy taking off the morning after thing, Buffy? Get used to it.
4. David Boreanaz is sooooooooooooooooo much better as Angelus than Angel. I love Angelus. He is so much hotter than Angel.
5. And apparently, evil smokes in Jossworld.
6. The look on Willow's face when she sees Xander kissing Cordelia kills me.
7. And evil also wears leather pants.
8. I love how Angelus has to walk out of the room backwards.
9. You know what's scary? Angelus and Buffy are way hotter than Angel/Buffy. In a dirty, wrong kind of way.
10. ...though Angelus/Dru creeps me out.
11. Though, you know, Joss should totally shoot porn. The memories of their sex are erotic as anything.
12. I don't remember Jenny trying very hard to keep them apart. Why wasn't she trying to seduce and distract Angel instead? Why was she spending her time with Angel instead of Giles?
13. The fact that Cordy owns that silver coat scares me.
14. Dru and Angelus duck for cover? Perfect examples of their all-for-me instincts.
15. Buffy made him the man he is today? No, that would be Darla. Oh, but Pepper's observation was priceless: "He gets them confused.....it's not healthy."
16. Wouldn't kicking a vampire in the nuts with Slayer strength turn him into pretty much a eunuch? Oh, except Angelus was probably hard, which...fighting Buffy + Angelus =...yeah, very likely.
17. All she'll get from Giles is support and respect? You know, S2 Giles needs to visit S7 Giles and give him a refresher course on being a Watcher.