Angel: You're in danger. You know what the ring means?
Buffy: I just killed a Super Bowl champ?
The very last moment. The look on Buffy's face when Kendra introduces herself as the vampire slayer.
Revelations as I watch
1. So...we never really find out what's wrong with Dru, do we? Just that she's dying. If that's true, why doesn't the Council know about these alternative methods of killing vampires? A mass extermination, it would seem.
2. Isn't it convenient that Dru's really old and grotty tarot cards match Sunnydale landmarks?
3. When Spike is stressed, he snaps very easily. Lucky Dru that her pouting works so well. Harmony doesn't fare quite as well.
4. You know, Buffy's not very nice or patient even with the guys she's willing to admit to being in love with. She snaps awfully quick at Angel.
5. Well, at least Buffy acknowledges that Angel is a cradle robber.
6. I think Buffy would actually make a pretty good cop. Except for all the rules.
7. Buffycon sidenote: Bianca Lawson is the tiniest, cutest, sweetest thing in real life.
8. Ah, kissing in full fangs. And Buffy's darker sexual urges begin...
9. Bug guy will ALWAYS be creepy.
10. Is it my imagination or did it look like Oz liked being slammed into the wall by Buffy just a little bit?
11. I sometimes think Angel isn't all that dangerous. Kendra caged him awfully easy and she's not that seasoned of a Slayer.
12. This bug guy was watching the house, waiting for them to return. So he was watching the front door. He didn't see Xander break in? Why on earth would he think that was Buffy?
What's My Line, Pt. 2
Oz: I sort of test well. Which is cool, except it leads to jobs.
Spike: I'd rather be fighting you anyway.
Kendra: That's me favorite shirt! That's me only shirt!
Oz: Oh, look! Monkey! And he has a little hat. And little pants.
Willow: Yeah, I-I see!
Oz: The monkey's the only cookie animal that gets to wear clothes, you know that? You have the sweetest smile I've ever seen. So, I'm wondering, do the other cookie animals feel sorta ripped? Like, is the hippo going, 'Hey, man, where are *my* pants? I have my hippo dignity!' And you know the monkey's just, 'I mock you with my monkey pants!' And there's a big coup in the zoo.
Willow: The monkey is French?
Oz: All monkeys are French. You didn't know that?
Dropping a huge church organ on Spike? Classic. As is the whole animal cracker scene.
Revelations as I watch
1. OK, I have an issue. A big one. Why doesn't the Council talk to its Watchers about what the hell is going on with each other? They would know Kendra was called, they would know Giles is still in Sunnydale with Buffy, so why wouldn't they tell the two Watchers about another Slayer out there? Not that I'm saying the Watchers should tell their Slayers, because that might encourage them not to try as hard, but keeping the Watchers in the dark about their sole purpose? Makes NO sense to me.
2. Issue #2. Kendra knows all about Angel/Angelus, and Giles had to look him up in a book?!? My favorite Pepper observation: "I think Giles just reads porn when he should be studying up on big scary vamps."
3. Um, Buffy, don't pull the hair back without getting the roots done. Bad hair, bad.
4. The swell of music on Cordy and Xander's kiss? Priceless.
5. And a big ol' ewwwwwwwww on the bugs dropping from the ceiling.
6. I love how they make the explanation right in the episode for why Oz's hair is likely to change colors and often, lol.
7. Poor Jonathan. He never gets a break.
8. Gee, Xander noticing hot new girl? Color me not surprised.
9. I'm getting annoyed by how little Giles knows about Angel. He had the book open about Drusilla and everything, and he didn't know Angel was her sire? Pepper is right. All he's reading is demon porn.
10. I know, I don't like Dru, but there is something darkly sensual and scary about her torturing Angel. Not that I believe for a second she cares about Angel killing her family.
11. So who's written the angry sex where Spike and Dru start kissing then go to town on Angel? Anyone? Anyone?
12. Sometimes, I think the vampires take their obsession with Christian mythology just a little too far. I mean, c'mon. Piercing their hands together? Though I will say one thing. It's a *fantastic* image.
13. Is there *ever* an explanation as to why the Order stop trying coming after Buffy?