Lie to Me
Buffy: Does it ever get easy?
Giles: You mean life?
Buffy: Yeah. Does it get easy?
Giles: What do you want me to say?
Buffy: Lie to me.
Giles: Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.
Willow figuring out what "I Touch Myself" is really about. And Giles and Buffy in the graveyard. That breaks my heart.
Revelations as I watch
1. The little boy looks suitably freaked by CrazyDru-speak. Though I would've run a lot sooner.
2. The fact that Angel gives Drusilla a chance to leave town with Spike intrigues me. She is one of his greatest sins. A true product of his evil. And he can't bring himself to kill her when he has the perfect chance. He's giving her the chance to run. And not only that, but to run with Spike. Like I said. Intriguing.
3. The more I see, the more convinced I become something is going on with Giles and Angel. Encouraging Buffy to spend the night with him? What kind of Watcher does that?
4. Ford looks like Snyder. The ears are exactly the same!
5. Willow's jacket that she wears in the Bronze makes my eyes hurt. I can't tell if they're Betty Boop heads, clowns, or something else entirely.
6. Angel looks extra pale in this episode, which doesn't help the gaunt thing.
7. One of the reasons I love this episode so much is all the layers of lies there are in it. Ford, Buffy, Willow, Giles...
8. OK, I know it's silly but the other vampire wannabe dressing exactly like Angel cracks me up.
9. I commented to Pepper that I thought the description "sometime paramour of Spike's" interesting. She responded, "maybe that description is entirely accurate and their great love is totally Spike's construction." Which makes so much sense. That it's actually accurate and Spike's great love was mostly a construction of his own, like so many of his other relationships.
10. Buffy always goes for the throat.
11. How does Buffy make the leap that it's Spike Ford has made the bargain with? Ford never tells her.
12. Buffy's having problems now? Just wait a few more seasons, honey. It only gets worse.
The Dark Age
Giles: Do you want me to answer that, or should I just glare?
Cordy: Isn't the point of computers to replace books?
Um...not my favorite episode, so I'm struggling here. I'll say, Giles going all Ripper on Ethan in the library.
Revelations as I watch
1. This guy doesn't even sound British, or look Giles' age.
2. Well, Xander had the "constant in his affections" part right.
3. Jenny's torturing of the books makes me giggle because I always end up squirming as much as Giles.
4. Buffy's stunt double works much better when she's in silhouette.
5. You know, I appreciate that this is about learning Giles' past, and edgier Giles, and all that, but, um...it's kind of boring. Finding out about Giles' drug, sex, and magic background should be way more interesting than this...
6. ...Though Ethan using Buffy as a human shield as soon as danger appears is very funny.
7. Trying to kick the zombie into the cage only works when the cage door is *open*.
8. I love it when Willow snaps. Though, according to Pepper, "well except when she tries to kill everybody."
9. My favorite Pepper observation, said after Ethan pours the acid on his arm, "Ethan is hardcore."