The Puppet Show
Snyder: "That's the kind of wooly-headed thinking that leads to being eaten."
It's a tie. Xander banging the hell out of Sid's head, showing he's inanimate, and the threesome's scene at the end.
Revelations as I watch:
1. I love Snyder so much. And I love Armin Shimerman. Not related to the show, but my fan encounters with him are some of my favorite fan encounters ever. He's such a warm and funny man.
2. Xander being threatened by a dummy's amorous advances on Willow makes me sad, oddly enough.
3. This episode always makes me think of the Twilight Zone episode with the talking doll and "My name is Talky Tina and I'm going to kill you." Which totally creeped me out as a kid and probably makes this scarier than it actually is.
4. My favorite Pepper observation: "How did he edge Angel out of his regular spot? Or is Angel lurking at the other window?"
5. I think poor Morgan is going to pee his pants without Sid.
6. If I was Sid, I'd be pretty pissed about having my head banging around like that.
7. If those kinds of books are Giles' that he put into the library, he's pretty much inviting disaster. Is he counting on American illiteracy in hopes that the kids won't check them out or look at them? It's reverse discrimination.
8. So we know one of the Slayers in the 30s was a hot Korean. There's a story there. Who's going to write it?
9. I love how you can see through Snyder's ears when he's backlit.
The Master: What's the fun in burying someone if they're already dead?
Cordelia's nightmare. Classic.
Revelations as I watch:
1. The Master either has really big hands or Buffy has a really small neck.
2. Editing boo boo! Buffy closed her locker twice.
3. I would not have wanted to be the actor playing Wendell. Spiders. Ick.
4. I didn't remember the echo effect on the Anointed One's voice. I don't even remember it on episodes previous to this.
5. It's no wonder there are so many Willow/Giles shippers. Willow has a picture of her and Giles on the inside of her locker.
6. I have always had problems with Hank Summers, that have nothing to do with the characterization. I just find it hard to accept him as a negative figure. It's not Hank, it's Almanzo Wilder! I mean, does *anybody* not see Almanzo? It's always better when he's offscreen.
7. Did Joss have something against the name Billy? Between this and the Angel episode...
8. Why is Xander eating candy from the floor? That second one was wrapped, but that first one sure wasn't...
9. I have had Willow's nightmare *so* many times, though mine was always finding myself in a play and not having any idea what character I was playing.
10. I don't understand why they gave Giles a scarf all of a sudden. Was it supposed to make him more British?
11. You know, Buffy's actually a very pretty vampire. But how did she get through all that sunlight?
12. Ah, Xander still found vampire Buffy hot! The glimmer of hope for all Spander shippers!