Never Kill a Boy on the First Date
Buffy: Boy! Cordelia's hips are wider than I thought.
Angel and Owen staring each other down, and the look on Angel's face. Get used to seeing her draped over other guys, Angel. It's a long, long road ahead of you.
Revelations as I watch:
1. Slayer intro gone. Yay!
2. That line of Buffy's, "I'm Buffy, and you're history." Isn't that one of the lines from the xbox game? It sounds so familiar, like I've heard it multiple times, and I know it's not from watching S1.
3. Owen is *incredibly* white bread. He's like the prequel to Riley. Complete with a need for adrenaline rushes. With a dash of Angel's more cultural side thrown in. Hey, look! Buffy has a type!
4. Giles is not a mathematician. You'd think that he'd eventually learn that.
5. Look! Buffy has a new coat! And man, is it ugly. But hey, at least she's got the sense not to wear Angel's coat to go on a date with another boy.
6. Sunnydale's airport is so busy, it has a shuttle?
7. A cynical person might think it was significant Buffy's got a big ol' bullseye on her chest.
8. I love Xander's TweetyBird watch!
9. You know why Giles is always getting knocked out? Because he runs like a girl.
10. My favorite Pepper observation: "Just give her a sec.." Xander has a habit of not giving out information, doesn't he?
11. More proof Giles is a big fat liar. No instruction manual? Well, sure, except for that darn Slayer handbook he never thought would be helpful with Buffy.
Giles: Testosterone is a great equalizer. It turns all men into morons.
Um...this is hard because I just don't care for this episode. I'll say...those first few moments when Xander becomes possessed. Before he's opened his big mouth and hurt Willow. He's sexy as hell then. Which probably says a lot about me.
Revelations as I watch:
1. Xander was always sexier when he was slightly darker.
2. And look, Buffy's back to wearing Angel's coat again. And for some reason, she always has fuck me hair when she's wearing it.
3. At least the pack is smart enough to recognize Buffy's totally an alpha.
4. Ah, Joss' tried and true method of alienating bad guys for the audience - make the bad guy hurt Willow. She does vulnerable oh so well.
5. Does being pack leader mean that all of a sudden Xander has grown an aversion to all his print shirts? Must be...
6. Poor Flutie. He deserved better. Though his death let Armin Shimerman come on board, and there is no bad there.
7. Get used to guarding that cage, Willow. You've got a lot of long nights ahead of you...
8. Why does Willow torture herself by watching hyena videos?
9. Oddly enough, the other guys in the pack sniffing Xander? Crazy hot.
10. The glasses over the painted mask on the zoo guy is just silly.