You know, this is actually a toughie for me, mostly because I am constantly trying new recipes. I get bored very easily. Plus, sometimes my favorite meal to cook is the one that gets done the fastest because I don't have time to fuss, lol.
That being said, I have my standards that I always like to do, or I get asked for a lot.
NAME: Artichoke Dip
REASON I LOVE: So, so, so easy, plus even the kids devour it
1 can of artichoke hearts in water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Garlic to taste
1. Chop the artichokes.
2. Combine artichokes, mayo, cheese and garlic. I usually use a tsp or two. If the mixture is a little thick, add a tbsp or two of the water from the can of artichokes.
3. Spread in 8x8 pan.
4. Bake at 325F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
5. Let cool slightly and serve with tortilla chips (or crudites if you want to be healthier).
MENU: Steamed salmon, roasted vegetable couscous, corn casserole, spring green salad
REASON I LOVE: Salmon - easy, healthy, one of my favorite meats. I just season and steam. Couscous - healthy and tons of flavor, tastes just as good the second day. Corn - a staple in this house. Salad - another staple.
RECIPE FOR COUSCOUS
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 cup couscous, uncooked
1. Chop all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
2. Toss with olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Sometimes I use garlic salt here.)
3. Line a 13x9 baking pan with tin foil (to help with cleaning). Add vegetables.
4. Roast in 450F oven for 45 minutes, stirring to mix them up every 15 minutes.
5. When vegetables are done, cook couscous according to instructions.
6. Toss couscous with vegetables and serve.
As for the corn casserole, this is the recipe I use. Seriously. Everybody loves this. I made this in the UK at Christmastime, and the kids that weren't even mine were asking for seconds on it before we'd finished serving firsts to everybody, lol.
NAME: Rum Cake and Chocolate Strawberry Truffle Cake
REASON I LOVE: The rum cake is a grown-up dessert, and the other is for everybody. Different tastes, both wonderful.
RECIPES: I've actually posted recipes for both of these before. The rum cake is here, while the chocolate strawberry truffle cake is here. They are both to die for.
Speaking of recipes, I should really start posting more of them again. I'm a huge breakfast person, too. I really like finding new recipes for that. Oh, and Pepper arrives on Saturday for a week long visit, and I asked her what she wanted. She asked for Craig to grill steaks (because he's awesome on the grill), and for the chocolate strawberry truffle cake. I think I'm going to make her and her sisters be my guinea pigs for the week, lol.