1. Helen Mirren had the most beautiful dress of the night. Again. That woman has more style than most of Hollywood put together.
2. Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova winning for "Falling Slowly" from Once. Beautiful song, beautiful movie.
3. Jon Stewart bringing Marketa back onstage since she got caught off. He's a class act.
4. Marketa's speech. Hell, both of their speeches. "Make art" is totally going to be my slogan from now on.
5. Tilda Swinton's acceptance speech. I love how down to earth she is.
6. The clip of Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd. It gave me goosebumps. Why haven't I seen this movie yet?!?
7. Did Carell really mutter "shit" under his breath?
Without having seen most of the movies, I don't have any real strong opinions about who won. Though I have to wonder what Nicole Kidman was doing backstage to mess up her necklace like that when she came out to present the Honorary Oscar. It looked like she and Keith got interrupted in a tussle, lol.
And who spraypainted Travolta's hair on? He looked like one of those hair in a can ads.