RASPBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup firm butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
2 tsp powdered sugar
1. Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom only of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1", with shortening or spray with cooking spray.
2. Make crumb topping (see below). Set aside.
3. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl at medium speed until creamy.
4. Beat in buttermilk and eggs on low speed until smooth.
5. Stir in flour and salt.
6. Spread in pan.
7. Sprinkle with raspberries and topping.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
9. Cut into bars.
FOR CRUMB TOPPING
1. Mix flour and sugar in medium bowl.
2. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
3. Stir in cinnamon.
Makes 48 bars (or so, depending on how you cut it).