1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 8 oz pkgs semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup butter (not margarine)
6 fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray bottom of 13x9" pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, 1/2 cup oil, and eggs on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 33-38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely (at least an hour).
4. Place chopped chocolate in large bowl and set aside.
5. In saucepan, heat whipping cream and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
6. Pour cream mixture over chocolate and stir until smooth.
7. Line bottom of 9" springform pan with waxed paper.
8. Cut cake into 1" cubes. In large bowl, beat half of the cubes on low speed until crumbly. Add remaining cake cubes and 2 cups of the ganache (reserve remaining ganache). Beat on low for 30 seconds, then on medium until well combined.
9. Fold in 2 cups cut-up strawberries.
10. Spoon mixture into springform pan and smooth the top.
11. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 45 minutes or until firm enough to unmold.
12. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake mixture. Place serving plate upside down on pan; turn pan and plate over. Remove wax paper.
13. Frost side and top of cake with remaining ganache. Arrage strawberry halves around edge of cake.
14. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips and 1/2 tsp oil uncovered on high until melted, stirring occasionally. Place in small resealable plastic bag; cut off very tiny corner of bag. Drizzle over top of cake.
NOTES: Don't be daunted by the number of steps. It's really very easy. Refrigerate until you're ready to serve this. 12 servings