However, yesterday, Alicia wanted to bake, so I dug around to see what I had on hand and decided to try a new recipe. I had all the ingredients and even better, it was a lemon bar recipe so I wouldn't eat any. I'm not really a fan of lemon.
I was wrong.
Oh. My. God.
This lemon cheese bar is amazing. Easy, and it doesn't really taste like lemon. *Everybody* in the house is devouring these, and I had to hide the rest of the pan so that the kids have some to take with them to their sleepover tonight. And I'm putting the recipe here for anyone who might want it.
Lemon Cheese Bars
1 package white or yellow pudding in the mix cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine cake mix, 1 egg, and oil in large bowl; stir until crumbly.
3. Reserving 1 cup crumb mixture, press remaining mixture into ungreased 13x9" pan.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. Combine remaining egg, cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and well blended.
6. Spread over baked layer.
7. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
8. Bake 15 minutes.
9. Cool in pan on wire rack, and then cut into bars.