8 quarts plain popped popcorn (I use 3 microwave bags)
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 9-oz package red-hot candies
1. Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 250F.
3. Grease 2 15"x10"x1" baking pans.
4. In a saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup and candies. Bring to a boil.
5. Over medium heat, boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly.
7. Spread onto baking pans.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
9. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers.