1 12-oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 10-oz jar maraschino cherries, reserving 2 tsp cherry liquid
1 8-oz bar semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks
1. Heat oven to 350F.
2. Melt chocolate chips and butter in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
3. Transfer melted chocolate mixture into large bowl.
4. Stir in sugar, flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt and eggs.
5. Drain cherries and chop into small pieces. Large chunks work too.
6. Add cherries, chocolate chunks, and 2 tsp of cherry liquid to brownie mixture.
7. Spread into greased 9x13 pan.
8. Bake 32-37 minutes or until center is set.
9. Cool completely before cutting.
These turned out fabulous. Of course, you have to like a chocolate/cherry combination, but even Alex ate this and he doesn't do brownies (too cake-like, he's not keen on the texture). They're *very* moist; I had to send all but a couple of them in with Craig because I kept nibbling at them. :)