Odds and ends from today:
1. Found out at Kindergarten Parents Night that Alicia's class has 5 girls and 14 boys. Overprotective father has emerged. :)
2. Alicia is bored at school already. She underwent their testing to see where she falls in what she needs to know. She already meets 98% of their finishing standards for kindergartners, and they haven't really gotten into the curriculum yet. It's going to be my job to keep her excited about learning by teaching her new stuff at home now.
3. Emailed my sister *again* to try and get contact information for my mom. Hopefully I'll get it this time.
4. Have lost 8 pounds in the last 8 days. Being in a funk makes it a lot easier to eat better. Plus the walk to and from her school gets me exercising on a daily basis.
5. Pre-ordered the Buffy DVD set that comes out in November. I have them in the UK format, but this way, I can watch them on my American TV, too. :)
6. Managed to get another chapter written on my original fiction. Non-smutty chapters are so much easier to do.
7. Really want to write something fluffy in order to combat the stress, but don't think I have it in me.
And I need to go watch some more Smallville. Just a few more weeks before James is back on my television on a regular basis. :)