I leave tomorrow for Toronto, and won't be back until next Monday. I'm *really* hoping that I'll be able to post while I'm out there. I won't, however, be posting Echoes this week. I just don't have the energy for it. Right now, I'm in the middle of doing laundry so that I have clean clothes to take to Toronto. I do have a couple pictures, but that's going to have to wait until I get back. However, a few highlights:
- James played an incredibly tight set on Friday night. There was no pimp shirt in sight, he was on key, his guitar playing was great, and I had a front row center seat, so yay! (The joys of buying early. :D)
- Armin Shimerman is the loveliest, most gracious *gentleman* I have ever met. Seriously. He was thought-provoking, intelligent, kind, and a sheer joy to have this weekend. I'm dying to see if I can still watch him as Snyder and see the character in the same way.
- David Fury actually made me see S5-6 Spike in a completely new way. I might actually have the balls to write a souled Spike story at some point. ;)
- And he's so *tall*! Wasn't expecting that.
- Conversely, Bianca was so *tiny*. And so young looking. And adorable. :)
- Amber Benson is too smart for her own good.
- Got to meet manoah when the con was over. What an absolute delight! And her husband was so good in tolerating us prattling on about Spike, James, fanfic, Buffy, and the like. :)
- Jim Butcher read the first 2 chapters of his new book, though I only heard 1 of them because I was busy getting autographs. Still, I ran into him in the lobby afterward and asked if it was OK to gloat to everyone that I'd heard something that they hadn't, and he encouraged me highly. :D
- James admitted in his Q&A that the whole age hiding/lying thing when he was on the show was his fault. He got to LA, saw all the bios had actors that were 29, looked in the mirror and decided, "Yeah, I could be 29." The rest is history.
Hope everyone else is well. :)